Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Ultimate Weakness

     How do we define weak/weakness? I went on google.com and got a very detailed definition, the link is http://www.yourdictionary.com/weak . There are a lot of different ways and interpretations of "weak", and two of them echoed what I have had in mind: 
  1. lacking in strength of body or muscle; not physically strong; lacking vitality; feeble; infirm 
  2. lacking ruling power, or authority: weak government;  having few resources; relatively low in wealth, numbers, supplies, etc.: the weaker nations  
I don’t like to be weak. I don’t mind telling people that I am weak, because I know I am; for example, I can’t run very long; I can’t cook as well as other people do; The new diagnosis textbook is very difficult, so I usually spend 40 minutes looking up new words; and/or I’m poor, there are so many things out there I can’t afford, so most of the time, I always go for the sale. So I do tell people these things, not all at one time, of course; but the thing I wouldn’t do is repeat it over and over. I do know that once is enough for most people, and repetition always does way more than what you want, negatively, to other people, and to yourself.
There are two words to describe people who are weak but still put up a happy face and strong spirit to shine in the world, they are: good attitude. God loves them too. God wants us to be weak. He’d like to see us depend on and pray to Him like little children. Children are weak; they need a lot of assistance in their life, and they are not afraid of showing how much they need Him. However, He is not going to be pleased to see us pleading and advocating that we are weak on our knees all the time. The ultimate weakness from Him is that we know we are weak but still act out as strong in faith and in action. Because He knows very well that He has given us so much for us to enjoy with the joy He has granted for us only.   
      I don’t like to go about flaunting my weakness. Personally, knowing myself as weak and being able to overcome my weakness is my way to keep my eyes on Him and rejoice in the victory.                                       

2 comments:

  1. LIKE.

    (Design> Blog Posts> Edit> Post Page Options> Reactions)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I mean the little kid thing.

    ReplyDelete