Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Such and Such

        I posted a blog two days ago, and some of my friends are disturbed. Some of them checked in with me through messages, and some, to be more specific, D hollered at me to get on facebook. She sent me a message through Live Chat with the intention of initiating a date with me, which I think is sweet; yet, 11/2 seconds later, she quoted "I would, once a while,  doubt the friendship or how much they actually need me in their life if I have to initiate most of the get-together/ activities most of the time." in her following message. Reading the message, I thought to myself that it looked awfully familiar, then I realized it was straight out of my own blog! "Oh my Gosh!" was my first reaction, then the second one was "ha guilt-driven works!"
         To be frank, I felt bad to have my friends all worked up, but I was happy (please forgive me!) that they cared! Well, just so you know that I'm totally fine. Everybody has some off color thoughts even just for half a second. I know I do. Since I'll keep you guys around for a life time, I'd better be honest with how I feel, right? Alrighty, enought for that.
         Let's talk about something fun. I received a phone call today in the office. A mother tried to figure out how much her daughter, a senior in AU, was going to get for the upcoming Fall. First of all, it was a stupid question---she'll get the same amount of money as this semester and last semester, and she was informed! Somehow, she thought SHE calling would make a difference----see, another Grandiose Type of Psychotic Disorder (don't laugh Peter.); Second, she was unpleased because she was told that her precious little girl was not given anymore funding, though she thought that girl was OUTSTANDING (go get scholarship then.. duh!); Third, she asked me what an aggregate loan was, and I was puzzled, since it was my first time to hear this term. Then I want to our school webpage where she claimed seeing the loan, here is the link, please check it out! Stroll down to the middle session of the screen.    http://www.auburn.edu/administration/business_office/finaid/types-of-aid/loans.html
       I was floored! I tried to tell her it was not a new loan at all, I even thought about defining what aggregate was in English or,rather, Southern for her. Yet, guess what she said? She said: I want to talk to someone who knows more, you don't seem to know much. This morning, I was tormented by reading Cyclothymic Disorder, Bipolar with melancholic features, with seasonal pattern and so on and so forth. When she called,  I was in the mood of, either, diagnosing someone, or screaming out some words usually bleeped out by TV censor. So I simply said "yes ma'm", and put her on hold, and yelled out: there is a crazy on the phone, who wants her?, then put her off the hold, with a nice and courteous tone of voice, I said: Ma'm you are on the line with .... Done.
       You know what, I'm not surprised at all to see why in the world that senior girl can't get a scholarship. It's pure genetic, isn't it?
        Enough venting, don't think I'm a bad person. Love y'all~

7 comments:

  1. Grace,
    That was a brutally funny post, just the way I like humor. Great story to share.

    Sincerely,
    Peter Last

    P.S. Still peeved about the "grandiose psychotic" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I get the "Combined" loan and the "Total Loan amount" loan in addition to the "Aggregate" loan, I can get lots of money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should tell her "Ma'm, this type of loan is not available yet. you have to wait for one or two semesters"

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!!! Your conversation with that lady made me laugh, and David's comment made me laugh even harder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're back! And for the record, I love the honesty of your posts =) And yes, David had me rolling!

    ReplyDelete